Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

A State A Month: Back Catalogue

I turned 30 last August. So I decided to visit one new state every month for as long as possible. Seeing as I've not blogged since July, here's a quick recap on what you've missed.

August: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Not a deal seems to go on there, though the countryside on the drive there was good. It's quite a small place, though there's some cool restaurants. The beer there is quite weak.

September: Charlotte, North Carolina

I was there for a convention so didn't see much of the place. It reminded me of Dallas, ie not somewhere you'd go as a tourist. I hear the countryside and coast aren't far away, hopefully I shall get to check them out soon.

October: Nashville, Tennasee

Now we're talking! Awesome place! Lots of live music, a fair chunk of history (for America) and very friendly people. I want to spend more time in this state, including going to Memphis.

November: Las Vegas, Nevada

Ha, I could write a whole series of posts on Vegas. In a sentence: Surreal place. Flashing lights and loud glitzy shows disguise what might be quite a lonely place. Though I did come away with $40 more than I went with.

December: Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam, Arizona

The Grand Canyon doesn't exist. It's just a film set. When I was there, it was full of mist and I couldn't see a thing. Literally. I stood on the end, looked out, and saw blankness. Check my pictures on Facebook for proof. The Hoover Dam was incredible though, and I'd highly recommend it.


Coming next: January. Obviously.

Comments:
Tennessee...not Tenasee.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?