Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Excursions

My friend Wim showed me a blog the other day, written by two Canadians who recently moved to London. They've not been there long, and it's a bit like the UK version of what I write. Except that they update theirs far more often, and have a more elequent way of writing.

I've been noticing that whenever they get a spare weekend, they leap onto a cheap flight and head to somewhere in Europe, on the basis of wanting to see as much as possible while they're there.

This got me thinking. "If I lived a long way from home, I'd want to do that. I wouldn't just stay in the house, I'd go all over the place."

Errr... reality check. I am living a long way from home, and I am not travelling enough. So once my UK trip is out of the way, it's time to embrace the cheap flights of Southwest Airlines and explore America. I've been here 2 years, so it's about time.

Ticked off the list: Chicago, Austin, San Antonio.
Still on the list: Everywhere else, and a repeat visit to New York.

Progress reports as and when they happen.

Comments:
San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston, Las Vegas...
 
Someone is overdue for a posting. Get your assistant to handle it.
 
Charlotte, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?