Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Films

When you're British, all American films are set in... America. Not LA, or New York, or Seattle, just in America.

Consider it the other way round. To the Americans, all English films are set in quaint old England. It doesn't matter whether it's Snatch, The Full Monty or Love Actually, they're all based in Englandshire.

But now, having lived here for however long it's been, I'm starting to notice where American films are based. And the best films are all based in...

Chicago.

I mean, what other city can have a top three films that list like this?

3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2. Wayne's World
1. The Blues Brothers

If you can list three better films from any other city, then I'll be impressed.

(For those watching in black and white, the only film out of Dallas that I know of is Office Space. Which actually, is worth watching.)

Comments:
I think Reality Bites was set in Dallas, I may be wrong. I love that film. Not as good as Blues Brothers I know but still...
 
Damn, I *was* wrong, Reality Bites was set in Houston...I was close though!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?