Friday, November 10, 2006

 

First night in London

"Splash" went my phone, as it landed in the toilet. That wasn't part of the plan. Luckily I had obtained another phone some hours earlier (an upgrade to my current one) so it could have been worse.

And after 12 hours of sitting under a heater, the original phone works again. It does smell a bit though.

You can't beat a night out with old friends. There were five in the group - four of us have known each other for around 15 years, and the other married into the group. Laughter, stories, jokes, catching up, all that kind of thing.

And I managed to avoid jet-lag, meaning I've had a full day of activity today. I had lunch at Greggs... possibly the finest chain of pasty shops in the UK. Now, if I were in Dallas, each pasty would be enough to feed me for a week... here, they're just the right size.

The time difference amuses me. America wakes up at around 1pm, and goes to work for 3pm. Now that's the life.

This is a really dull blog. I shall shut up until I have some interesting observations.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?