Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Essential advice

They say that everything's bigger in Texas, and as I sit here with an incredible storm passing overhead, they might be right.

I nipped into work earlier, and thought that someone had driven into the building before realising that is was crazy thunder. Decided to head home before things got too crazy, and I'm sitting here while it 18c outside with torrential rain, thunder and lightning.

I've got a little weather program on my laptop, and it keeps flashing up the latest storm warnings. There are street floodings, and my lights flashed earlier - power cuts aren't rare in these situations.

And the essential advice? Well, at the bottom of the weather advisery, after all the technical details and measurements, it gives these wise words...

"Don't drown."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?