Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Coffee confessions

My name is Chris, and I don't understand different types of coffee.

Phew.

There, I've said it. I don't know what latte means, or what a mocca is, let alone tall/grande/slim, or why some of them come with cream/ice/chocolate/other-such-nonsense.

This is one of the reasons why, whenever in Starbucks, I'll have a cup of tea. It's a cop-out, but it's a safety buffer. There'd be nothing worse than paying $3 for some beautifully prepared coffee contraption, only to not like it.

So, sitting in SB right now with my cup of tea and my (very heavy) butter criossant, they brought round samples of "egg-nog mocca". Or was it "egg-nog latte". One or the other.

Now, it's actually quite nice. However, I also don't know what egg-nog is, apart from guessing that from the name, it might include egg. So, I wouldn't have a clue how to re-order it, or how to answer the many questions that would follow. Personalised coffee.

Nescafe, hot water, splash of milk. I even got that wrong sometimes.

Maybe I'll just have a cup of tea.

Comments:
Wimp! Lol :-p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?