Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

Valet Parking

Maybe it's a British thing, but I'm extremely uncomfortable giving my car keys to anyone that I don't 110% trust... let alone giving my keys to someone I've never met who then drives my car off to an unspecified place until I leave the bar/resturant/club that I'm at.

It's not helped by being a fan of the film Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which has a non-too-perfect valet section.

But over here, it's a big thing.

You go so a restaurant, you pull up outside and give your keys to this chap, who in return gives you a slightly posher version of a raffle ticket.

Then, when you leave the venue, you give them the ticket back and a few dollars, and your car re-appears. (Note: to me, the word Valet means that your car get cleaned, but this isn't the case here at all).

While the overly-cautious side of me has big issues with not having my keys and leaving my car with some peopel I've never met and frankly don't trust, the advantages are pretty cool as well... no issues finding parking, no walk to the venue, and the knowledge that your car is (apparently) safe.

It's growing on me, but I might split my car keys from the rest of my keys.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?