Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Notting Hill... again.

When I moved into this house (which I must tell you about sometime) it seemed a bit quiet, so I bought a TV. However... I didn't actually think to buy a TV aerial, and I don't get cable TV until next Thursday.

So this has left me with DVDs to watch. I own 5 that I've bought in America, and around 20 that I've brought over from the UK. However the TV/DVD combo thing won't play the UK ones, so Cold Feet and Phoenix Nights are sitting on the shelf for now.

This leaves me with the five from America, which are Notting Hill, Duel, Jackass The Movie, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. They were all rather cheap, and all were impulse buys.

This might seem a bit of a lack of choice, but to put it another way, it's my only choice for TV. So I've watched them all at least twice, and have even worked my way through all the "extras". I've seen Lock Stock's guide to talking Cockney, Steven Speilberg's planning of Duel, the making of Jackass, and I'm now onto the piece de resistance...

Notting Hill... in French, with subtitles.

Great eh. It'd appear that "mais" is "but"... and I'll share more words I pick up later.



PS - I also have two DVDs from Blockbuster's postal DVD rental thing, but due to being unable to work out where post boxes are in Dallas, I've yet to return it. There's boxes for UPS and Fedex post, but none for the normal variety that I can find. This could make a postal DVD service somewhat awkward!

Comments:
Merde!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?