Monday, June 20, 2005

 

KEANE!

Wow!

Quite possibly the best gig I've ever been to! It rates up there with Air and Jamie Cullum as completely awesome occasions.

For starters, tickets were 25 dollars... but if you bought a copy of their album (Hopes and Fears) for 15 dollars then you got a free ticket! So, an immediate saving of 10 dollars and a free album to boot. A good deal.

The venue was superb - the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prarie, Dallas. It's in the middle of nowhere which means no parking issues, though I missed the touts and dodgy-merchandise-selling guys that you normally get. The Manchester Apollo this wasn't.

And the band... absolutely fabulous. The emotion that they put into the gig was incredible. Just the three of them on stage (no guitars, you know) doing pretty much all the songs off the album, plus some new ones, plus some other bits. I've taken loads of photos which I'll upload later.

It was also quite a homely experience. Keane have been my favourite band of the last year or two, so to be seeing them out here felt really special. A nice connection to the homeland. That's also three UK bands in less than a fortnight which seems a bit over the top.

Yesterday afternoon I ended up having a pint with a friend in a very dark pub that was playing Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash on the jukebox. Hurrah! That's the American life for you!

Less than a fortnight till I return now. Just as I'm getting used to it all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?