Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

University of Hertfordshire

That's where the barmaid from The Londoner wants to study. To be honest, I didn't know such a uni existed but Google proved that it does, so who am I to argue. I was hoping that she wasn't getting confused, and was planning to spend a year of her life at Luton uni, but luckily not.

Only in America can you have two pints of cider, a rather fine club sandwich and a large orange juice, and pay less than $20 (£11). And where else can you sit outside well into the night and still be really warm. I left at 10pm, and they were trying to switch the misters on to keep everyone cool. Incredible.

My TV seems to be programmed with 20 channels that all show constant commercials, with the odd 2-minute segment of a drama, news programme or over-the-top show of real police footage. Somewhat annoyingly, it defaults to channel 2 every time I switch it on... which is the weather channel... and remarkably dull.

However, last night I struck gold. KERA hadn't really caught my attention as it's some form of public-type channel, but while flicking through the channels last night, I saw one of most reassuring sights I could imagine... something that reminded me of home, and the differences between our countries... something that was guaranteed to make me laugh, whatever mood I was in.

Fawlty Towers.



What a friendly site. Followed by Red Drawf, followed by Blackadder. Superb! I can stomach some more commercials now.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?