Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Lost in the ether of time

I made a stunning post on Friday night about all sorts of things... all of which I've now forgotten. Anyway, for some reason it didn't upload which is a touch annoying, but kinda the way of life!

In the meantime... today is Memorial Day which is a public holiday. The idea is that citizens remember those who have died at war, though in reality it's a chance for shops to hold Memorial Day sales... 50% of all matresses and so on. I'm sure the war dead are chuffed by this commercial spin. But then it's no worse than Christmas and Easter for spinning an event into a sale. Mmm.

Was going to go to Houston this weekend to see the zoo and the space center. I wanted to do the whole road-trip thing, pointing the nose of the hire-car south and keep going for 200 miles. However when I woke up on Sunday morning the Weather Channel was predicting hurricanes in Houston. Oops. So I stayed here, and ended up drinking lots of wine with a friend last night while watching lots of episodes of "Bounty Hunter" on TV.

Sunday afternoon - went searching for a well known audio production company on the south side of Dallas. I wholely failed to find it (though not through the lack of trying) and instead found a really beautiful lake with walkways, cycle paths and ncie people all around. Here's a picture, which isn't excellent because it was quite overcast, but it gives an idea...



Nice eh. And not that far from work, so quite easy to go to in an evening. Makes me tempted to buy a bike actually, though not sure that it'd fit into the hire car. Which makes me think that I could cycle to work (it's five miles from my house) though I'm not sure if they have showers there. And in this weather that could be a bit much.

So many thoughts, so little blogging time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?