Saturday, May 21, 2005

 

Bassetlaw!

Incredible... the part of Dallas I'm staying in is twinned with Bassetlaw! Is there no escape!?

Had two moments yesterday when I forgot I was in America. The first was when I was lost, looking for a friend's house. I turned into a side street and for the first time yet, drove on the left hand side of the road. Could have been painful! The second was last night... I was watching the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and got really into the music - then looked around me and had one of those "where am I?" moments... turned out I was in America. Odd eh.

And today... a small victory... Wal-Mart accepted my Switch card for payment! It's useful, seeing as I've left my Mastercard behind. Maybe I'll not be eating stale bread after all. But talking of odd eating experiences... I went for a walk at lunchtime and ended up at a McDonalds. Had a "medium" meal and it was so big, I felt really sick all afternoon. Tonight it's fresh fruit and mixed salad, about time I had a healthy meal.

Interesting that the country station here is plugging Oasis...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?